Monday, June 25, 2012

My Mystic Forest

I have finally finished my "Mystic Forest" painting.  After my last sitting I realised that the painting needed more light and greater depth. The foreground  and perspective was going to be vital in pulling it all together.

I was a little cautious about where to go next.  And would you believe I found help out the "Back of Bourke". To keep in tune with techniques and styles, especially while on the road, I buy the Artist's Palette magazine.  I have been carrying an article about Jenny Greentree and her very vivid colour paintings of the NSW outback.  Her article was called "Back of Bourke"  I have always wanted to see the outback that inspired her works.
This trip I was going to ensure that I did this.  I went one better.  300m from our C'van park was a gallery that gave lessons to tourists and the style looked familar.  The Back of Bourke  Gallery was owned and run by Jenny Greentree.

I booked a lesson and had my first experience with pastels, created a novice but very  colourful painting and learnt heaps about perspective. Just what I needed and the next day I completed "Mystic Forest"


My pastel completed under the guidance of Jenny Greentree.

I really enjoyed the pastel medium and highly recommend a look at the Jenny Greentree website.  She is currently preparing for an exhibition re Lake Eyre. http://www.backofbourkegallery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment