Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Creative Space - in Painting Mode

Still on the road  in my gypsy life but managed to find a piece of paradise for a couple of days and of course out came the paints.  The weather was fantastic for painting outdoors making the light for my new colour mix the best.   I still agonised over the form and shape of the right hand rocks. I wanted to use colour range to create the shape and smooth texture of water eroded rocks.  I am much happier with the outcome but still have to create more contrast of colour and place in the light from sun reflection. 
Then the final job.  To place in the under water rockshelves and the fish that has the atttention of Ruby and Kai. A very tricky task, and knowing what, and what not to include from my master photo is the challenge.
I've placed the painting in a non secure frame to get the sense of the defined scene and hopefully this will help in  the final stages of completeing the painting. 






This is the master photo for the painting. 
The fish is in the rockpool and  its a challenge to see.
 And how much of the fish and under water rockshelves do I include in the painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment