Saturday, February 12, 2011

A friends gift

While visiting friends in the Cudmirrah Van Park on the  southern NSW coast I discoverd Cheryl was going to a special event, puchased a new top and needed a piece of jewellery for her outfit.  Both Cheryl and John have been special friends since we met them on the road at Leichhart Lagoon in Qld.  We catch up when ever we are on the east coast.  So, I couldn't resist, dug out my little stash of beads that I have been carrying in the van.  Found some beautiful stones I purchased in Canberra and used what ever else I had to make her a gift.

I had 2 types of chains and decided on the smaller, chunkyer one to balance the large agate stone.  I tried some larger chain links and my silver fish beads to break the length of chain, but decided on the Colorado Swarovski Crystals with small silver beads.

Swarovski crystals set into the chain.  Very delicate to work with the chain and softness of the top. 
I was so pleased that I had a large crystal magnetic clasp to use as a feature and to balance the use of such a large stone. 


I added a large oval link to the drop point of the chain.
By attaching a parrot clip to a variety of created feature beads the user can interchange the feature to suit the outfit.  I chose these 3 to offer  Cheryl and she could chose whatever she liked.









With her outfits in mind , Cheryl chose the Lava Stone and Agate features











 The black Lava Stone was prefered  by Cheryl as the top has a black underlay.

( Can't work out what I've done with my format.  Things are going a little array - everything centred. But here goes again.)
As I work in my Caravan I thought I would show you my little bit of space.  My art and jewellery gear is stowed beneath the left couch seat.  "My creative space", and I'm getting very clever at minimal storage and gear.  Adds to the sense of creativity.

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic. Instant customised jewellery for your friend's special outfit! I think it's great that you manage to make a creative space in your caravan. Glad you are still having a lovely time travelling and catching up with friends. C xo.

    ReplyDelete