Monday, February 28, 2011

Back to Buttons

My painting is on hold for a while as we hit the road today.  I'm still not happy with those very frustrating rocks in the rock pool.  Pete has guided me a little more and I'll take his advice once we stop for a few days.

So, back to the buttons.  I've been wanting to expand my design for some time and finally on one of those dreamy days in Canberra, inspiration came o me.  I tried and I succeeded.  I am very pleased.

Wanting a chunkyer style I made the necklace in two stages using both vintage and contemporary buttons.  For added interest I put in a little assymetery in the drop section.

It is quite stunning worn with a variety of outfits and colours.

I am now trying different colours and was happy with the drop section but not so with the actual neck piece and will be changing this one.

I completed this necklace just proir to my new design and having the large feature button led to my new thoughts of  extending the size of the feature by adding a drop peice.  It was how to do it that was the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. The black and white necklace is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kellie, that black and white one looks fantastic. I like the asymetrical design too. Looks fabulous on.

    ReplyDelete