Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A little bit more - my painting

Lessons on line.  I had to do it as I wasn't happy with some specifics;  Kai's hat perspective, detail needed for hand and foot and still those right hand rocks.  I contacted Pete and he is kindly giving me his time to guide me through the final process of my painting.  I'm still, and will always be a student of art and am willing to learn at any point.  And I was right, all those aspects needed work. 
Pete sugessted that I correct the perspective of Kai's cap and sent me a computer sketch.  Very helpful.  Also I needed to ground Ruby's foot and hand by creating more shadow beneath them.  Ruby's finger also needed shortening.  The rocks on the right needed to be softened and more yellow mixed into the foreground colour as the orange was too strong.

This is a close up of the corrections and I am much happier.  The rocks are still troubling me.  I need to once again get the feel of the rockpool before I tackle them again

The ground work for the rocks has improved and now I need to place more light into them and then recede them into the background.  Once this is done , only the highlights need to be completed.
We hit the road again next week  and it will be difficult to continue, so here's hoping I will be able to tackle the rest of the painting before we go.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing what a difference a little shadow makes! It's such a lovely painting, but is still getting better and better. How wonderful to be able to receive some advice whilst on the road! I think the rocks are looking great, can't wait to see them again with the highlights. Thanks again for sharing your process Chrissy, I find it so interesting.

    ReplyDelete